Events for Upcoming Year
• February 7-14: Winter Carnival. This year marks the 96th production of Mudgap's winter carnival, held annually since 1895 except for the depression years and the two world wars. Popular activities this year included ice skating, curling, snowmobiling and other winter sports and a presentation of King Lear on the Historical Society’s outdoor stage.
• March 10-23: Hamlet, performed in the Opera House by the Bear Hill Players. This year's production will be set in 1920s Hollywood, and the Yorick Aforethought Prologue will feature the fossilized (stylized) skull of a Neanderthal discovered on Montana Estatua.
• July 4: This annual tradition in Mudgap promises to be more spectacular than ever. This years street vendors, family games and fireworks will be augmented by the traditional Shakespeare bash at the Opera House.
• July 1 – July 21: The eighteenth gathering of the Sierra Fangosos Southwestern Writers’ Roundup, for authors and book lovers featuring open-air readings, lectures, seminars and confabulation is shaping up to be a great success.
• August 13-16: The Bear Hill Players will stage their twelfth production of Emerson Stockton Bardwell’s, The American Pilgrim at the Estatua Opera House. Make your plans now, while there is still time. Ride the Solomon Line Excursion steam train into the mountains for an evening of fun and fine theater.
• October 15-18: The Bear Hill Players will again repeat one of their most popular and long-lived productions, the dramatization of Lewis Carroll’s The Hunting of the Snark. This classic favorite has been enhanced since 2009 with musical numbers that have elevated the production to new heights.